History / log tile

Hey there! I think it would be super useful to have a history tile. Something that shows the last N events where N could be, say, 5. Similar to how you can edit a tile style to different styles, one could flag different events as info, critical, major, etc. I’m thinking along the lines of “wife arrived home 5 min ago” or “mode changed to night because the sun set”.

One possible implementation of this could be generic - a new variable type of “list”. You could use rules to “push” or “add” something to a list variable and then a tile to show last N things in a given list variable. So it has wider applicability.

Matt

That’s a neat concept - thanks for sharing!

Don’t forget to scroll up to the top and vote on your own request! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh thats great !..I could vote for this, but want to maintain my current votes !.. :sweat_smile:
I think this could be great if the user could make its own record, in this way, user can record only in the cases he/she decides (in the correspondent rule) and with the text-values-format decided, the tile could display N records by a certain criteria (last ones, alphabetical, category…etc) … :ok_hand:

2 Likes

You could take this on, sort of does what you want but a bit more complicated to set up.
Link to custom Tile HTML: PlotGeneric
Origonal Post: Data Plot custom tile - Community Projects - SharpTools Community

2 Likes