Help with my dashboard before my wife kills me

ok quick question…and sure its an easy fix…but had to disable the rules for now as were trying to put the kids to bed and im going to get battered by the mrs lol…

so if you please ladies and gents…

looking at the dashboard there are 3 rooms lucas, finn and ella…tiles work fine to control lights on off…

i had an idea that as we take the kids up at he same time every night it would be good (and add some symmetry) to create two extra tiles so that we could turn the 3 light on and off at the same time…

easy i thought so i created the rule for all on / off…

this works…however…

lets say the lights are on and we turn them all off… and then one of my children lets say lucas turns his light on via the dashboard the other two are coming on too…

what am i missing?

best
tom

If the problem is that Lucas is hitting the “all on” tile, a few options that come to mind:
(1) passcode protect the offending tile, although has obvious disadvantages
(2) if the time of day is after bedtime, and the lights have already been turned off for the night, disable the “all on” tile

If the problem is that Lucas turning his individual light tile on is turning all of the lights on, then your rule is not right. Would need to see the rule to see what’s wrong.

haha cheers…if definitely my rule…ill have a play tomoz when the kids are in school…

that’s the rule…

So the way that rule is setup, it will turn off ALL three of the lights when ANY of the individual lights turn off (or if the rule is manually executed, for example by tapping a Rule Tile on a dashboard).

If you don’t want to react to the lights turning on or off and you only want to be able to run the rule from your dashboard, then you can just remove all of the Triggers from the rule.

If a rule doesn’t have any Triggers explicitly added, then it can only be triggered manually (eg. by adding a rule tile to your dashboard for that particular rule like the bottom three tiles in your original screenshot)

1 Like

genius…works a charm…thankyou…no more dog house for me…

2 Likes