Help with layout

For some reason SharpTools doesn’t seem to have enough to adopt dashboards to different sized screens, such as a custom spacer where you could input the size in pixels. I have tried the ‘sizing approach’ in the ‘dashboard settings’, and unfortunately if I make all the tiles smaller and then doubling everything except the spacers I cannot make my camera display window big enough. So I’m stuck with a large empty space on the bottom of my screen, it is like 90% of the size of a tile, so I cannot use it unless the screen becomes scrollable, and I really don’t want that either.

So I was hoping someone would be willing to show me how I can add a little empty space on top of the screen, and also a little empty space on top of the camera view, to make things more symmetric using CSS :slight_smile:

Here’s my work in progress:

Welcome Almar

While I haven’t tried it myself, this piece of CSS might be worth trying by adjusting the top and bottom margins.

.grid.dashboard { margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; }
.force-full-width, body div#app div.container.full-width { padding-left:0; padding-right:0; }`
1 Like

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! After a lot of trial and error I figured out that this does work to adjust the margin, but only If you add px after the number. CSS is not my strong suit :sweat_smile:

This code did exactly what I wanted:

.dashboard { margin-top:30px; }
.media-tile { margin-top:30px; }

Resulting in this:

1 Like