Help! Slow Dashboard on Tablets

I just forced the tablet onto the 5G wifi network about 4 ft from my wifi router. I used Silk Browser to render the page. I tap a dashboard tile, and the icon of silk browser flashed immediately, after about 1 second the tile that I tapped render visual response, then within 2-3 seconds the new dashboard starts drawing. On my Mac, for Chrome browser, the tile flashes immediately, and by the time it is done with the flashing, it renders the new dashboard in about 1 second. In Safari, it is twice as fast. So I know it’s not a network, nor a server issue.

Seems the javascript code just requires more processing power than this tablet can handle. It was more than fast enough 1 year ago… That’s disappointing. I found a link on things to try to speed up kindle… I will give that a try.

It sounds like you are specifically talking about navigating between dashboards, right?

One of the most common contributors to slow navigation between two dashboards (especially on less performant devices) is having a large number of tiles on each dashboard. This is commonly exacerbated by having a large number of ‘Spacer’ tiles on a dashboard and a common improvement is to consolidate several 1x1 Spacer tiles into a single multi-row or multi-column Spacer tile.

Thanks. I will give that a try. My main panel only has one spacer tile, and about 17 content tiles. This one takes about 2-3 seconds from tap to dashboard view change. Others do have some more spacer tiles that I will consolidate.

We have recently released a significant dashboard performance enhancement. See the post below for details in case you haven’t already.