Help: Push Events/Subscriptions not working

Hi, SharpTools’ push events and subscriptions have not been working since around last week.

The FCM ID is blank. Using the “Force Reset FCM ID” returns the message “GCM forced refresh complete.”, but the FCM ID remains blank.

I’ve fully reset the SmartApp and Android apps using the reset instructions in the knowledge base. Unfortunately, the FCM ID remains blank, though a notification from SharpTools that says “Push event registration ID is missing.” was displayed.

Logging has been enabled in the Android app, but as of yet, there is no information in the “View Logs” screen.

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hi @Jive, sorry to hear that you are having the FCM issue in the app, and the inconvenience. We have just pushed an update a few hours ago, and is currently under Google’s review. We expect the fix to be released soon, but you can also join the public beta to try the fix in Play Store, if you don’t want to wait for the official release.

1 Like

Hi @James, thanks for the quick response. The beta has resolved the issues, though all subscriptions had to be re-added and Tasker event triggers needed to be re-created :unamused:.

Now that I’m using the beta version, is there a changelog for the beta releases so that I can check there first in the future if I encounter any issues?

Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, completely resetting the SmartApp and Android app removes all of the subscriptions.

We received the first report of this over the weekend and pushed an update on Sunday. The original user who reported the issue indicated that everything started working as expected after the app update (no further action required and all widgets/Tasker subscriptions in tact).

We include release notes with each of the releases that hit Google Play. If you ever have any questions, feel free to post here or reach out to support@sharptools.io and we would be happy to help.