Google shopping lists

I’m wondering if there is a way to display the google shopping list as a tile? I’m setting up a kitchen counter device and thought that would be handy.

It doesn’t look like Google has an API available for the shopping lists, so I can’t think of an easy way to display it directly in a tile. That being said, you could use a Hyperlink tile which links to:

https://shoppinglist.google.com/

It also looks like Google blocks embedding the shopping list page as an iframe, so you’ll have to use the Open in Same Window or Open in New Window option (Open in Modal is blocked by Google).

Thanks Josh, I will try to find another app so that I can display in a tile but will use the Hyperlink in the interim… :slight_smile :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is something I would like to do. I am currently using todoist linked to the Alexa shopping list but would be willing to switch apps if you find one that can display a list in a tile.

Todoist has an open API. This is the first request I’ve seen for it, so I’ll add it to the hit list.

If anyone else is interested in a Todoist integration, please add your feedback as it helps us prioritize what we work on! :grinning:

2 Likes

One workaround might be to find app that allows viewing todo list via RSS. Some googling …
-zapier can create rss feed from todoist (and others?)
-remember the milk app can provide a rss
-ifttt cannot create rss feeds :frowning:

I wish google would pick one task/reminders/notes/list service and make it work everywhere.

1 Like

I’ll throw my vote in the hat for to-do list functionality / integration. Todoist or Any.do maybe?

My current goals in addition to home automation is to provide a family dashboard where I can show everyone’s busy calendars and a family to do list all in one place.

Just starting using SharpTools and having a blast with it so far. Tried a quick and dirty setup of Google Tasks and Zapier to create an RSS feed from a todo list, but only kinda sorta works. Zapier doesn’t support removal from the RSS feed so I can’t remove completed tasks.

Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks.

2 Likes

I was actually looking into this same exact thing. Currently use Google Home to add to list. But then the URL on my mobile when at the store. Would be great if the dashboard had the ability to show it.

My current workaround is a small link (where I link to other dashboards) to link directly to the Google shopping url.

I’d recommend submitting feedback to Google. As noted in the second post Google doesn’t provide an API for the shopping lists and they block embedding the page in other pages.

2 Likes

I use DakBoard as a screen saver on my kiosks in the house. DakBoard allows you to link your todoist list which can be linked to the alexa shopping list. This allows you to add items via Alexa or directly into todoist and see the items on the DakBoard screensaver. It would be great to be able to incorporate the todoist list directly into sharptools to view the list as well.
Thanks again for a great product

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Spencer_Pickard! That seems like a neat workaround for being able to add items to a list via voice and display them!

You might consider creating a feature request specifically for Todoist so other people can vote on it! :smiley: