Garage Door tile not updating properly

Alright I’ll have to play around with it later, I have a similar setup with routines in SmartThings but changing from “open/close” on the tile doesn’t work - I assume because I’m using routines and not SharpTool rules. I don’t have any reason really to not use a SharpTool rule considering my garage relay is cloud connected anyway… (Sonnof wifi garage controller)

Everything does work within SmartThings for me, using the button on the virtual garage door does what it should, states are correct, and all is fine. The only thing I can’t get to work is the tile (natively).

What does the LOCK tile do?

I’ve only seen it mirror the OPEN/CLOSE status.

The lock tile controls a lock. It will lock and unlock the lock based on the current state.

If you referring to what the lock capability does for the Virtual Hub Kit device that Travis linked above, the author of the Edge Driver would be best suited to answer. Or perhaps @Travis_Mielonen or @Sgt.Flippy_PJ could chime in if they use that feature.

From what I remember, the ‘Lock’ feature syncs with the Open/Close by default and is just another way of controlling the garage. You can see that in action in my video demo you replied to. One of the screenshots in the linked thread seems to indicate you can turn that setting off and perhaps the lock acts like its own virtual lock, but I haven’t tried it? :thinking:

Thanks. I watched your video and saw the LOCK tile mirroring the OPEN/CLOSE, just as I experienced.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering (hoping?) I had missed something, and the LOCK attribute would LOCK [out] (prevent) input from any of the manual buttons or remotes (i.e. - anything other than ST).

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, I had to program the actual events emitted from the virtual garage door to actually change the state, so in theory you could use a variable or separate virtual device (lock/switch) along with the rules you have setup with the garage door to shunt the action and reset the state of the door.

Of course you could also use PIN protection or other features directly in your dashboard if you prefer, but this would only lock it from the dashboard itself whereas adding a condition in your rule with a variable or virtual device would apply the concept everywhere (with the caveat that the state would briefly change to opening/closing and then back).