Feature Requests: Theme, Icons, Up-Down Tile

Jack, you can adjust the dashboard’s overall tile size to “Tiny” and make all tiles, except dashboard tile, twice bigger to achieve what you want. And in each dashboard, you can choose different color for the dashboard tile you are currently viewing to give you the “selected” tab look. You can of course adjust the tile size, add space between the dashboard tabs and other tiles however you want, and here is a quick example I just put together.

You should definitely check out other dashboards shared in the community to get some inspiration, and don’t forget to share yours later too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ability to add more user pins. I plan on using this as a full on security system. So I’d like to have a few different pins I can give out to disarm the Smart Home Monitoring. If there was a way to log times events happened and what user. So I can easily see who disarmed/armed SHM. So for example, at 8:07am user X entered pin on SHM disarm tile. Or something similar to that nature.

Also, ability to add H.264 camera streams.

2 Likes

Any way to incorporate a Google Calendar (Events View) into a tile? The ability to add a widget into a tile would be a game changer for my screen usage.

For example:
Capture

Thanks for all the awesome work!

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve been tossing around the idea of calendar integration (with Google likely being a lead integration), so it’s good to hear your interest in it as well!

You mentioned adding a widget into a tile. Can you clarify what you mean by that?

1 Like

Just meaning the google calendar into a tile.

That would be awesome! Smells like a good premium feature!!! :wink:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Possible Request? Tile with customized text?

Could you just incorporate an option to have two images? One for the stationary fan and one that shows lines for movement? Not sure how hard this would be. May be more work that it is worth just thought I would throw it out there.

1 Like

I would love the idea to have a “default” icon and an “active” icon

1 Like

For example, I can have the normal garage icon with the door closed as default mode, and when my garage door is open, I can use this icon that i just mocked up
car%20with%20garage

I think both of these would be covered by the ‘icon pairs’ concept we we’re thinking of where certain icons would have a standard ‘active’ and ‘default’ icon associated with them. I’ll look at bumping up the priority for it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Any update with a color wheel or another method for rgb control?

We have adding a color picker tile scheduled for the next sprint. We are wrapping up the current sprint this week and expect to release next week, so we should start working on the next sprint with a targeted release in January.

No. It was supposed to quote a reply from you in October about rgb bulb/strip support.

Yes, I was referring to the addition of a color picker tile - eg. a tile that is specifically designed to work with RGB(W) lights and allow you to control the color of those lights.

In the meantime, you can control your device colors through the SharpTools Rule Engine and rule tiles. Since the Rule Engine supports changing the color of RGB(W) devices, you could create a rule with an action to change the RGB(W) bulb/strip to your desired color and then add that rule to your dashboard.

Here’s a rule which sets the color of a Hue Bloom device (no triggers, just an action in the flow).

And the fourth tile on this dashboard is a rule tile which lets you execute that rule.

And since it’s a rule, you could coordinate multiple lights together if desired. For example, a special rule that changes several lights to reflect your favorite sports teams colors or your kids favorite colors or whatever combination you like.

Hi, I added an Camera on my Dash Board, do you think is possible add feature when I click on camera I can see in full screen?

Thank you for your job.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Emerson! Yes, we have click-to-zoom functionality for media tiles tentatively scheduled for the next sprint - there are a number of items on that sprint, so the release might get bumped to the next sprint. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi again, can I have more information from Temperature/Humidity Sensor Xiaomi/Aqara like picture from Smartthings

Try using the Hero Attribute layout: :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Today’s platform update includes a number of feature requests from this topic including color control, options for Media Tile tap actions (eg. Fullscreen), several new icons, and more. Thanks again for all the suggestions and your ongoing support!

Announcement: Color Control, Hyperlink and Media Tile Options, New Icons, and more

And if you are enjoying SharpTools, don’t forget to leave a recommendation on Facebook or upgrade to premium!

2 Likes