Feature Request - Visual Grouping of Tiles/Tile Merging

As the heading implies it would be great to be able to group/merge a selection of adjacent tiles into a single block. Grouping any rectangular block of tiles would remove the spacing between them, shadow and corner rounding, so that it would appear as a single tile, while they would remain completely separate for editing with no change. The individual dashboard tiles would be moved in the normal manner and then a block would be selected and a group button clicked and that would merge them (the grouped tile could also be moved around as a single tile would be). I imagine this may be possible with css for more advanced users, however that is beyond mine (any many others capabilities)

Note this is not a Super Tile. I’d like to be able to group a 1 x 2, 2 x 2, 2 x 3 grid or any other that would make a rectangle to appear as a single tile while each of the tiles remains unchanged for normal full editing capabilities.

Use case example. Group 4 individual 1 x 1 lock tiles into a 1 x 4, 4 x 1, or 2 x 2 block. The spacing between them would be removed, any corner rounding, shadow effect and spacing to adjacent tiles would only apply to the perimeter of the entire block.

The above would allow tiles performing different functions (locks, lights, switches, menu items or any desired combination) to be grouped accordingly on a dashboard making a busy screen easier to navigate and more visually appealing.

This request needs some love! Visually merging tiles would allow me to have a menu bar without using a super tile. The super tile works but it’s slowing my dashboards down.