Disable Switch Based on State

Hi,

I’m trying to set up integration from Sharptools to Hubitat to Ring. I’ve got 3 virtual switches (home, night, away) in Hubitat and Rule Machine rules there to handle when one of them flips on to make it sync to Ring to disarm, arm home, and arm away respectively. I’ve put the 3 switches as tiles on my dashboard and styled them up so they look pretty good. The problem is… The switches can be toggled so you could turn on Home then click it again to turn it off. What I want is that you can’t click the switch when it’s on, you can only click one of the other ones to turn on that mode. What’s the best way to do this (or if there’s a better way to accomplish what I’m trying to do I’m open to that too).

Thanks!

@Jason_Carreira , why not add the Hubitat Safety Monitor tile(s) to the dashboard directly, so you can change the HSM status directly and let the virtual switches to sync Ring alarm handled by your existing rules.

This is how it looks like when the HSM picker is tapped, or you can added the specific alarm status tile as well, so it would look closer to what you have with the 3 virtual switches without having to worry about the toggle off problem.

Oh, so you can put individual ones on there? I put it on before and didn’t like having to pop it up then choose a function. Syncing from HSM to Ring is pretty easy, so I’ll give that a shot.

Works great, thanks!

1 Like