Dashboard on TV?

I am looking to use Sharptools as a dashboard on my LG tv’s. I did a quicl test and the dashboard loads fine in the included web browser.

My question is, what is the best way to build these? The TV is to slow to do it in that browser. I know the advice for smaller screens is to use Chrome with developer tools but I am not sure how best to go the other way.

Any thoughts appreciated.

You can still use the Chrome Developer Tool trick as you mentioned, but change it to “Responsive” mode and your TV’s resolution. Ex: 1920x1080 for 1080p resolution. See the screenshot below.

I’ll give that a shot, thanks.

Is anyone using a RPI Zero that boots directly into sharptools to get a more full featured browser than the ones built into smart TVs?

The Pi Zero is a pretty low performance device (1 GHz single core, 512MB RAM). If it’s a modern TV, it wouldn’t surprise me if it has better specs than that. :slight_smile:

That being said you can find some posts about using Raspberry Pis in this thread:

PS. You can double check the effective resolution of your TV’s web browser by visiting this page from your TV’s web browser: https://whatismyresolution.com/

2 Likes

This is working surprisingly well with the built in browser. The only issue that logging into Sharptools on the TV is a huge hassle. Any way to have a bookmark that goes directly to the dashboard?