Dashboard Navigation When Saved to Homescreen

On my Iphone I have saved ST beta site as a home screen bookmark. When I do that, it removes most of the functionality of safari or chrome. Ex. back button.

I have created a main dashboard and sub dashboards. ex All Lights, sensors, camera’s etc. When I go to a sub dashboard is there a way to get back to main dashboard or is the best thing to do create a dashboard tile to click and take you back? Thanks

Hi @Tommy, by design when saving the page as a home screen bookmark in iOS, it will give you the “full screen” effect and therefore, you don’t have the typical browser navigation at top. And you are right, the best navigation approach is to create dashboard tiles in each dashboard so you can quickly navigate to different dashboards. @josh had post a pretty helpful video for this and in the video he changed the specific dashboard tile’s color in each different dashboard to give it a “current page” highlight effect.

1 Like

When I go to a sub dashboard is there a way to get back to main dashboard or is the best thing to do create a dashboard tile to click and take you back?

This is actually a url query parameter you can add to force Luis mode. When making the web page an app, it is similar to kiosk mode, except you retain the top bar. I would recommend outing the page in kiosk mode, then adding that view to the home screen. This will present a fully kiosk mode tile view. From here it becomes more of an app than a web page in the way you interact with it. And this will help to drive your layouts to be more kiosk mode like. I find this really nice for using an iPad as a home control station. Too bad this doesn’t work on Kindle’s the same way, as I have two of those for mounting directly in the wall.

1 Like