Dashboard Actions

Is it possible to create an action that if motion is detected on one of the sensors, a dashboard is brought up (or a tile on a dashboard is enlarged) for let’s say 30 seconds? The use case is if there’s motion, I want the media (camera) tile to come up.

1 Like

@sharptools501, what browser are you using to host the dashboards? If you use the Fully Kiosk Browser on Android/Fire devices, you can do so by adding your Fully Kiosk Browser “device” to SmartThings/Hubitat using the community developed device handler, and create a rule to navigate to different dashboard when the motion is triggered.

See this post below for the SmartThings/Hubitat Fully Kiosk Browser device handler.

And here is a quick rule example based your scenario. (Don’t forget to check the post above for fast client side navigation as well.)

1 Like

I’m on Safari with iPad. I’m shopping around garage sales for a Fire tablet as it seems there’s a lot more capabilities with it.

Amazon usually has promotion for the Fire tablet every 2-3 months or so. I think I got my 2021 10" Plus model for $120 a couple months ago.

1 Like

There’s some used 8th Gen going for $40, plus one of the fancy wall mounts, I’ll be at around $75

I’d generally recommend the newer model and 10" model over the 8" model because of the performance benefit from the newer browser/OS, faster CPU and more memory. I recently replaced my 7th one with the 11th one and liked the performance boost. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like