Create-Button at top of pages

If there are many variables, it is cumbersome to always scroll down to the bottom of the list to create a new variable. I suggest placing a ‘create’ button at the top of the page as well. The same applies to the other pages under ‘Manage Resources’ (e.g., ‘Super Tiles’ and ‘Files’).

As a workaround for creating a new variable, I’ve been typing “xx” in the search bar. It doesn’t find anything, but it brings “Create New Variable” to the top, saving me from scrolling through a list.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. It’s a nice workaround that works. Unfortunately it cannot be used for Super Tiles as there is no search field.

Yes, I do have a solution for those as well. Unfortunately, it only works on my Android Fire tablets. Basically, I have a Tasker shortcut on my tablet that, once pressed, loads the SharpTools screen. Tasker then searches for some confirmation text so it knows it is on the correct screen, then loads these scenes as shown in the picture. These are a little slicker than the “xx” approach as they literally open, create variables, etc., ready for your input.

Because we are an Alexa household, I have a few commands that I can trigger by any Alexa device. This includes my dashboards and watch, which will ask Tasker to wake my tablet screen, log in to the tablet, and then bring up the “Create Variable” or “Files” or “Create Super Tile” screen, so I only have to enter the details.