Can't Find First Alert Z-Wave Alarms

Hello all, I’ve read several threads, but cannot seem to figure this out. I have a Samsung SmartThings hub setup with several sensors, and two First-Alert Z-wave combo detector/alarms. I’ve allowed access to everything, and everything seems to be recognized except the First Alert devices. Any ideas on how I can get them to show up in Sharptools? I appreciate any advice!

Hi Matt, welcome to the community. You can add the unrecognized things, like the First-Alert smoke detector, by following the steps below.

never mind! found it. thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello all, I have a Samsung SmartThings hub setup with several sensors, and five First-Alert Z-wave combo detector/alarms. I’ve allowed access to everything, and everything seems to be recognized except the First Alert devices. I do not have the Classic App, only the new APP and cannot find how to authorize unrecognized devices. Can anyone help me?

Welcome to the community. Have you tried the manual authorization approach mentioned in the post James linked above?

Hi Josh,
No I have not, I do not have the classic app and sharptools does not show in Smartapps in the new app (or at least I have not been able to find it).

@Galiatsatos , SmartThings released a new update a couple weeks ago and moved the “SmartApps” section to the “Automations” tab. Go to “automations” tab and scroll down and you should see SharpTools smartapp there.

Thanks for the help. Found it!!!
@josh
@James

1 Like

Hi James, I have the Smartthings mobile app and I can’t seem to find Sharptools. Under AUTOMATIONS I have “Add scene, Add automation and Add SmartApp”. If I chose Addsmart App, Sharptools does do appear anywhere. What am I doing wrong? TIA for your help.

Have you already authorized at least one device to your SharpTools account? Once you’ve authorized at least one device (starting from your SharpTools.io User Page), the SmartApp automatically gets installed.

Hi Josh, I’ve authorized my devices on both my mobile device and PC. It tells my that 59 devices have been added. I tried to merge my accounts and I get - “The merge process cannot be completed on one or more of the listed accounts. Please contact support@sharptools.io for further support.”

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

The Automations tab normally shows all your currently installed SmartApps:

That sounds like a different issue. You wouldn’t see that during the SmartThings authorization process though? You should only see that if you try to link a new login type and there’s already another SharpTools account existing for the new login type. If you reach out to support we can help with that. :smiley:

And if you scroll down, there’s nothing after Automations?

No sir. I scrolled up and down.

Hm. Seems like the SmartThings Mobile App isn’t working as expected in that case. Do you have other SmartApps installed that are missing? (You can check from the SmartThings IDE too.) You might have to reach out to SmartThings support if the SmartApps don’t show up in the mobile app.

I saw a post on Twitter that Samsung is slowly rolling out a new SmartThings Android App starting today and you have to go to Routines > Discover to find SmartApps now. I suspect they’ll start doing the same thing for iOS at some point as well.