Cannot find my Ecobee Thermostat to add to dashboard

I cannot locate my Ecobee thermostat in Sharptools. There are no thermostats listed to authorize in the Sharptools Smart App. I am using SmartThings.

Have you authorized it in Smartthings yet?

Go to the Smartthings phone app, go to the scenes tab. At the bottom there is ā€œSharptoolsā€.
If you tap that, you will get a list of authorized devices, your thermostat should be there, check it and save.

1 Like

Looks like @Sgt.Flippy_PJ has pointed you the right direction. There are also detailed step by step instructions in the linked post below. This is because SmartThings dropped the ā€˜thermostatā€™ capability and use the more specific thermostat related capabilities.

Thanks James. The link you provided had ALL the information needed. Iā€™m setting up two Locations for the first time. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be backā€¦

Just like I said, Iā€™m back. Iā€™m using Aeotec and Inovelli Multisensors. Both are capable of Humidity readings. Change Layout does not offer Humidity as a selection. Being that one of the locations is in Florida, Humidity levels are important. Suggestions?

You can use the Hero Attribute layout to display humidity values:

Alternatively, if you want more customization over the layout, Super Tiles are also available. Hereā€™s an article describing the difference between the Hero Attribute layout and Super Tiles: https://help.sharptools.io/article/94-comparison-tiles-super-tiles-custom-tiles

1 Like

That worked. Thank you!

Now that itā€™s added, the tile has a 75Ā° in the center all the time. You can see that the thermostat is set to 74Ā° on the tile and on the thermostat. What is the 75Ā° represent?

I would try the Double Height Thermostat layout.

Some of the device handlers / drivers for thermostats (especially Nest and Ecobee) tend to report weird values for the thermostatSetpoint attribute.

Thanks, it worked. I thought I give a super Tile a try. It says I need a Premium account. However, I do have have a Premium accountā€¦

Thanks for the update - glad to hear that helped.

Feel free to send a screenshot to support if youā€™re having trouble with Super Tiles and we would be happy to help out. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help

1 Like