Camera tile shows up fine then disappears after a few seconds

Hi, I have an EZVIZ camera which streams fine to TinyCam Pro using RTSP. I read in this forum that TinyCam can act as a web server to convert the stream into something that the internet & SharpTools can handle. I used:
http://192.168.1.XX:8083/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=1& user=XXX&pwd=XXX
and the image showed up fine - but only for a few seconds.
The camera and TinyCam are on the same network and I set the refresh rate to 1 per second as I really need a live stream. I thought that might be the problem so I tried again at a refresh rate of 10 seconds - but the problem is the same. Can anyone please tell me where Iā€™m going wrong?

The URL you provided is an MJPEG stream which means it already should be a stream. Refreshing it every X seconds is only going to slow things down as it tries to re-establish a stream each time.

If the stream stops working at the same period of time as the configured interval for your auto refresh, your camera might not properly support the default auto refresh approach. Make sure to read and carefully consider the details in the following help article:

That being said, TinyCam itself should support the default auto refresh approach.

If the translated stream from TinyCam just fundamentally stops working after a brief period of time without respect to the auto refresh configuration, then it may be an issue with the camera + TinyCam.

One approach would be to test things step-by-step to better understand where your issue is occurring.

Thanks for putting me right about the refresh rate & what mjpeg means (the key is on the ā€˜mā€™ I guess), but now I think it must be a case of an issue with the camera + TinyCam, as it only works for a second each time I turn on the TinyCam serverā€¦ Iā€™ll do some more exploring.

1 Like

OK - problem solved: I had to remove the ā€œcamera=1ā€ from the url (ā€¦I only have the one camera on the web server, so I guess the condition is superfluous)) and now it works fine :slight_smile: Thanks again for your help.

1 Like