Camera showing as Switch not Motion

Couldn’t find an exact answer to this, but sure it is easy. Closest I found was the Hero Attribute thread.

In Short, I want my camera THINGs when added to be motion sensors, not switches (currently pop up with light bulb icon). I actually switched the attribute in smartapp in smartthings to motion, and excluded switch. I don’t need to be able to turn them on and off from the dashboard.

How would I accomplish these camera tiles showing motion?

Can you please share a screenshot the Capabilities and Attributes your device is reporting?

1. Open your SharpTools.io User Page
  2. Tap the ... next to your desired location
  3. Scroll down and tap on your device
  4. Take a screenshot of the Capabilities and Attribute Values

Yes I did notice the motion was greyed out. So here is screen shot of what you requested, then switch sensor in ST app, and motion sensor in ST app.

So I guess what I attempted to do in my mind brain was remove it as a switch, and add it as a motion…but as often is the case when I use my mind brain something goes terribly, terribly wrong.

@cmderden79, looks like the capabilities were cut off from the screenshots. Do you still have the switch capability in the driver or can you send us a link to the driver you modified, so we can take a quick look?

If the device reports a Motion Sensor capability, you should be able to change the existing tile from a Switch Tile to a Motion Sensor tile.

The process is the same as changing to the Hero Attribute tile:

1. While editing your dashboard, tap the ... in the top-right corner of the Thing tile
  2. Tap Change Layout
  3. Select Motion Sensor Tile

Or you could use the Hero Attribute layout that you referred to in your original post. After changing to the Hero Attribute tile layout, you can choose which attribute is displayed as the main content. See the following article for more details:

Crap, yeah that was it. I just kept going into edit…didn’t assume it would be under layout. Thanks again. Up to 2 of the 1 million questions I promised.

2 Likes