Any possibility for better Arlo support

I was hoping you could work some magic and improve the Arlo control through sharptools?

Jake

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there something specific you are looking for?

1 Like

I was hoping you could look into how arlopilot can set custom modes and duplicate it.

With that it would make setting up custom events in tasker even better than using SmartThings.

So the goal would be to trigger custom Arlo modes for your Arlo devices directly from Tasker?

Reading through the ArloPilot thread, it looks like you might have a few options with their current design.

1. You could create a virtual device which triggers an Arlo mode when the virtual device is switched on (or pressed)… then you would control that virtual device via the SharpTools Tasker plugins (“A Thing”)
  2. You could synchronize your Arlo modes with SmartThings modes… and control the SmartThings modes via the SharpTools Tasker plugins (“A Mode”)
  3. You could synchronize your Arlo modes with SmartThings SHM status… and control the SmartThings SHM status via the SharpTools Tasker plugins (“SHM: Set Status”)

I am currently using Arlopilot, however there is now way to obtain the current mode of the base station. It you be very handy pull the current mode and set modes. I say this because I would like to make a widget that show current mode and states if the cameras. The smartapp kinda works but it’s very slow to react to presence Sensors and sometimes certain triggers don’t trigger at all.

1 Like