Announcing Super Tiles!

Make sure it’s all lowercase and using a double dash as noted in the linked thread:

Great Josh, That did the trick !!!
How to make it the same as in switch tile meaning Glow and yellow ?

You could probably use a snippet similar to the one @smart_tomlinson shared.

So based on what you have so far, that would likely be:

.tile.--theme-style-supertilestyle .icon { 
    -webkit-filter: drop-shadow(0 0 3px #ff0)drop-shadow(0 0 10px #ff0)drop-shadow(0 0 20px #ff0);
    filter: drop-shadow(0 0 3px yellow)drop-shadow(0 0 10px yellow)drop-shadow(0 0 20px yellow);
}

Please note that any custom CSS snippets provided are not officially supported and may need to be adjusted with future app updates.

2 Likes

Another Great @josh
WORKS GREAT !! :star_struck: :star_struck:
The CSS is the longest I have !! I have no clue what he did there but it works !!!

2 Likes

Is there a way to get the ST weather tile icons into a supertile?

When I select the weathericon from thing it displays a number.
When I select the weathericon from icons I have to set the icon based on the number but sharptools doesn’t have corresponding weather icons for all the values (like partly cloudy).

A post was split to a new topic: Combining Super Tiles Help

Hey everyone! We just posted a thread for Showing off your Super Tiles!

If you’ve put together a Super Tile or are even still just drafting one, we’d love to see it! We love seeing community members inspiring each other, so please post your creations in the following thread:

1 Like

I have a Super Tile with 35 layers. It works fine. In fact I want to use the functionality of one of the layers in another Super Tile.

What I’ve run into is a memory problem. My memory! I can’t remember what kind of tile this layer is. All I know is:

Is there a way to determine what tile this is?

Ideally it would be nice to have a list of the contents of a Super TIle.

1 Like

Are you asking what type of ‘item’ it was that was added to the Super Tile?

When you edit the individual item as shown in your screenshot, there’s three identifiers you’ll see at the top:

1. Thing Name or Variable Name
  2. Attribute Name (optional, thing only)
  3. Item Type

From your screenshots, we can gather the following:

1. Item Type: Thing Value
  2. Thing Name: Front Door Lock-Unlock
  3. Attribute: released

If you want to create that same item again, when you go through the Add Item picker within the Super Tile editor, you would pick the first item, Things, then select your desired thing and desired attribute.

I would also note that you can copy and paste items between Super Tiles (when editing from a device that has a physical keyboard attached). While in the Super Tile editor, you can tap an item to select it, then use your normal Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V (or on Mac Cmd+C, Cmd+V) to copy and paste it.

Other keyboard shortcuts are noted in the Super Tiles Help Article.

1 Like

Yeah - I kinda figured out the stuff at thet top, I’m not doing a good job of asking the question! Nomenclature is part of it.

What I’m trying to find out is whether the item is a virtual switch, a media tile, a variable, etc.

It is good to know that layers can be copied!

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the additional details. Apologies, but I may not be understanding the question still.

With regard to nomenclature, we usually call the elements inside a Super Tile ‘items’. It bears repeating that the second subheading when you edit an item tells you what type it is. From your screenshot, we know that it’s a Thing value being displayed and we know which thing it’s coming from.

Super Tiles don’t really have the concept of ‘tiles’ so there’s not specific Tile Types to reference. In your example, the item being edited appears to be for the attribute released for the thing ‘Front Door Lock-Unlock’. The ‘Thing Value’ item doesn’t have any concept of what type of thing it is or capabilities or anything like that – it’s just displaying the value from the selected attribute.

We also know that you have a SharpTools Rule called ‘Lock/Unlock Front Door from 1x5’ and the item you are editing is configured to execute the selected rule anytime you tap on that particular item in the Super Tile.

In theory, you should be able look at the list of things you have and find the Front Door Lock-Unlock or in your list of rules to find the rule… but I still have the sneaking suspicion I haven’t answered your question. :flushed:

1 Like

We’re not together yet, but I have a sneaky suspicion that I’m the reason!

When creating a Super Tile, click on “Add Item” and you see this:

If I choose “Things”, for example, I can choose anything in the list. Maybe a switch, maybe a virtual switch, etc. When I look at that Super Tile a month later (or in my case a day later) I don’t remember what the item is, and don’t see a way to find out.

Josh - please close this issue for now. I want to make sure I understand what my problem is.

Bad night here. One of my Schlage smart locks lost its mind; no matter what button I pressed on the keypad a red X appeared. All lock codes lost. So, I reset the lock and reentered the codes. Was that the end? Nope. Resetting the lock wiped if off the hub. Had to reinstall as new. The dashboards with lock tiles were now placeholders and had to be tought all about the “new” lock.

This is actually worse than changing a light bulb. Had to dig up the manual for the lock to get the PIN. Have been working on it for several hours and still not finished.

1 Like

I think what the OP is saying, is that it’s not possible to determine after creation and saving what element you added in the first place (but I could be wrong so forgive the intrusion if that’s the case!)

This is not specific to Super Tiles but all tiles in general. I have some dashboards I created a long time ago and when I wanted to redesign them, I needed to but couldn’t remember how, I’d added some of the elements and where from. As an example - here is what’s displayed when I edit my Sonos tile now:

When I created that tile I added a ‘hyperlink’ and selected the hyperlink that I created that points to the Sonos app intent url. It’s not possible for me to see that information in the edit window.

This one is a one of my camera feed tiles:

A bit easier as it says for action ‘open media fullscreen’ so I can guess it’s a media tile.

What would be helpful, for all tiles, would be some additional information present in the edit window, when editing the tile so we know its origin. Example:

For the Sonos Tile - Below ‘Tile Editor’ instead of saying ‘Sonos’ perhaps ‘Sonos (Hyperlink, Sonos)’

For the CCTV tile - Below ‘Tile Editor’ instead of saying ‘Camera 1’ perhaps ‘Camera 1 (Media, Camera 1)’

That would allow us to see what type of tile it is, from it’s specific list in ‘manage resources’. It would be helpful to see for any given tile what category it came from in the list below and what item it is from that category:

So when editing a tile after it’s label name ‘(Item Type:Item Name)’. Alternatively it might be possible to grab the list of resources for a dashboard.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, John. I can see how the additional context might help in the normal Tile Editor. :+1:

But when editing an item in a Super Tile, it shows you the item type, name, etc… doesn’t that provide the necessary identifying details?

Here’s a video showing me add a Thing and a Variable to a Super Tile. Once I go in to edit each item, I can see all the identifying information needed in the header of the Super Tile item editor.

1 Like

Not an intrusion! What this OP has been attempting to convey.

Tile editor Label is not wrapping on super tiles like it does for regular tiles.

Top green is Hero tile, bottom blue one is Super tile.

Thanks for reporting. We just pushed an update that should resolve this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A bit late to the party, but this is truly awesome and something I myself have been wanting for some time. One question though, ive seen several examples of items separated by lines in Super Tiles in this thread, but cant find any way in the editor to insert a basic line. Something obvious im missing here?

I use a label tile and fill it with the underscore_
Not sure if there’s a more eloquent way but it does what I need. :laughing:

1 Like