Analog Clock - Custom Tile

I’m one of those weirdos who doesn’t like Digital clocks (long story). Is there any way to get an analog clock face?

2 Likes

How about something like the following?

:arrow_double_down: Import Analog Clock Custom Tile

You can add it to your dashboard and customize the style of the tile to have a transparent background and no shadow to make it blend in a bit more seamlessly too:

1 Like

The initial release had a bug where the hours animation was applied twice. I just pushed a version which I believe should resolve the issue.

:page_facing_up: How To Update Custom Tile

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!,

1 Like

Josh,

I’m using this, thanks.

Periodically the second hand animation seems to get stuck. It will bounce to the next second then jump back to prior to the 12 position. I don’t have enough data points yet to see if there’s a pattern.

When it happens the problem occurs on Chrome on a Mac, Echo 15 running Fully Kiosk and Safari on an iPad at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks. If it happens consistently at a specific time (eg. always on the hour or always during the noon hour or something like that), let me know what time that is and I’ll take a closer look.

There’s a little bit of logic in there to temporarily pause the ‘animations’ on the hands when the time ticks over from 360° back across to 0° to avoid a weird animation effect where the hands would spin all the way around to their new position (eg. 59s→60s = 0s), so I suspect there’s some edge case I missed there.

1 Like

It just happened on the hour at 4:00pm. It corrects after the next minute passes.

UPDATE: Confirmed it’s an issue at the top of each hour. I’ve looked at the code and can see what you were referring to but it’s beyond me to fix.

1 Like

I just pushed an update which should fix this. Thanks again for reporting and the initial troubleshooting to identify how to reproduce the issue!

Confirmed fixed. Thanks Josh!