Amcrest ip camera

Has anyone been able to integrate Amcrest ip PTZ cameras into Smartthings and Sharp Tools (without using Blue Iris)? I have Amcrest IP2M-841B cameras.

Looks like it might be possible to get MJPEG stream out from it directly based on this cam database. You may want to try the urls listed, and let us know if it works for you.

I don’t think the MJPEG stream is available anymore. I have two of these cameras and used to stream them through Blue Iris for this exact purpose.

From what I recall, the cameras only have RTSP streams on them, so you’d need to use something in the middle to translate the stream to a format like MJPEG that a web browser supports.

Alternatives to Blue Iris include TinyCam, MotionEye, and other similar solutions.

1 Like

Thanks but Tinycam is Android and Motioneye is Linus, I want something PC based. I will keep looking there must be something, but thanks for the suggestions.

Is there something you don’t like about Blue Iris? It’s really good at what it does.

No, I have nothing against it I just can not justify $70 just so I can see my security cameras in Sharp tools.

I haven’t personally tried it, but other community members have mentioned that they’ve used VLC to do the transcoding in Windows. I don’t think I’ve seen any end-to-end tutorials on it though.