Amazon Fire HD 10 is Slow over Time. Reboot scheduler?

Hi,

I have few Amazon Fire HD 10 running Fully Kiosk and displaying 4 camera feeds and some SharpTools tiles for lights. I notice that over a period of time, usually 7 days to 9 days. The performance of the tablet starts to get sluggish, it will become slow for every touch or switching dashboards, etc. If I reboot the Fire Tablet, everything will be great until 7 days or longer. I wonder if there’s a tool or task scheduler that I can use that to make the Fire Tablet to automatically reboot every 5 days. If there’s, can someone give me a pointer how to do it?

Thanks.

1 Like

@rog889, before jumping to the scheduled-reboot option, do you sideload Google Play store/services on those Fire tablets? I have personally experienced degraded performance over time when I sideloaded Play store/services. I have 20+ tiles and one Media tile (two live camera streams) on my 7th gen 10" Fire tablet, and I don’t have to reboot often.
If you use Blue Iris as your camera streaming source, you may want to use camera group so you can display multiple camera views in one Media Tile for better performance.

I don’t have any personal experience with it, but my quick research found “Fast Reboot” app from the Amazon App store allows you to schedule reboot or cleanup. (Not sure if the scheduling is available in the free version though.)

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have Google Play Stores, I didn’t know that this could slow down Fire tablets over time. I can try to reset to factory setting and see if Fully Kiosk’s performance improves. Wow, I didn’t know about the group option in BlueIris as I have suspected multiple camera feeds could hinder tablet’s performance or cause memory leak over time. I will definitely give a try.

I got this after a couple of days … :pensive:

Im trying Fast Reboot Pro option, I have no cam stream yet and after 2-3 days of usingSharptools dashboards with Fully Kiosk tablet starts going slow, I do not have any Google stuff, takes 4 seconds to load a dashboard and 8 seconds to display Super Tiles … There is a scheduling option on Pro versión, lets see if it works !! :crossed_fingers:t2:

I have the same issue with my Fire HD10 running slow after a few days to the point that FK restarts when changing to other dashboards or carrying out simple routines. I have tried the Rebooter Pro scheduled to reboot each night but looks like it’s not actually doing anything as it reports after each run that 0 memory and 0 apps freed up and Dasboards still run slow etc. FK probably is preventing it from running properly. Did you find similar issue or another way to auto reboot your Fire tablet?

Hi my friend, I solved by reloading the dashboard in tablet. There is a solution from Sharptools to create a Full Kiosk Controller,

I made a Sharptools Rule to refresh it 3 times a day, works fine ! I hope this helps.

https://community.sharptools.io/t/beta-smartthings-fully-kiosk-driver/10918