Alternative to Fully?

Getting back to setting up my full time kiosk, have a wall mount. Not sure if this was always the case, but Fully seems to want an annual subscription for enabling things like motion detection to wake the device.

Are there open source free kiosk apps available that can do this? I wouldn’t even mind paying a one time fee, but a subscription seems like a lot for what I’m looking for!

Fully Kiosk Browser should be a one-time payment of 5.90 EUR per device (at the time I’m writing this post).

Personally, I think it’s a reasonable price if you want the “PLUS” features like Screensaver or Wake on Motion. Perhaps you are thinking of their Fully Cloud offering which is targeted to enterprises who would want to manage multiple kiosks remotely?

That being said, yes there are other open-source alternatives to Fully Kiosk Browser.

The most popular offering is called WallPanel. You can get it from the following sources:

Heck, since it’s an open source project, you could even compile it and install it on your own if you’d like. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmmm…maybe I did see the enterprise version as I could swear I saw EUR1.20 a month or something like that!

I paid $6.80 US the other day for it that was the Euro conversion for the day.

1 Like

Hey Josh,
First… Love the work you guys have done here. Long time lurker, as I’ve found most of the answers within support and the community.

Thanks for the Wallpanel suggestion. For some reason I have an issue where when trying to access the fully kiosk browser settings menu to connect the hyperlink to other android apps. Is this available with Wallpanel? I want to access apps like Ring, Spotify, and my Onkyo Reciever.

From a quick test, it does not seem like launching apps from hyperlinks works on WallPanel. The developer of WallPanel would likely have to explicitly handle the intent: or app uri format. Perhaps you could submit feedback through the WallPanel app or post a request in the WallPanel Github.

1 Like

Thanks Josh. I will look into it. Question? Is the alternative to this to use Pushbullet to send notification to Tasker to open an android app?

What I’ve noticed Is that on the three android devices that I have, fully works ok on the one that I want (24inch tablet running android 5.0), but is on an older rom and can’t handle Gapps for some reason, so many apps don’t work.

I also have a 10inch Lenovo tablet which works perfect but is too small for family use.

I ended up buying a 24” ASUS AIO PC And running Remix Os, which has been a little buggy, but better than blue stacks in my opinion. With this only the older version of fully works, as the new version crashes when entering settings. My links to the Spotify/Ring apps don’t load at all. I’m thinking of using Tasker and pushbullet to trigger the app to open, unless there’s a more direct way to do than pushbullet

Yeah, that could work. There will likely be a slight delay as you have to wait for the push message to hit the device and then be processed… and Pushbullet or Pushover are going to require Google Play Services.

I would recommend at least reaching out to the WallPanel developer (or posting a request on their GitHub). If you post an issue on GitHub, feel free to link to it here and I’m happy to share some technical snippets for the developer.

It sounds like you have a version of Fully Kiosk Browser (FKB) running on your desired device but the Hyperlink tiles aren’t opening apps as expected? If so, I would create a new thread and share some details on what URLs you are using for your links and what settings you have configured in Fully Kiosk Browser.