Activating Alarm Siren

So, for the life of me I cant seem to get this to work properly. What I am trying to do is set my house to 3 different modes. Home, Away, and Home (Armed). All 3 of these circumstances I have created Virtual Switches that can be activated. Under the Away and Home (Armed) switches I am trying to have my Alarm siren be activated after 15 seconds of the door position switches being changed from closed to open. Attached are some screenshots of how I have my rule configured. I also want it so when I select the Goodbye(Away) switch or the Home(Armed) switch it turns off the Home switch. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, you want the siren to sound 15 seconds after either door is opened if the Home (Armed) switch is on. If so, the trigger event should the door is changed to open, not the Home (Armed) switch is changed to on. See screenshot below for your reference, and let me know if this is not the case you are trying to achieve.

The rule should look like this, but your trigger will be the GOODBYE is changed to on.

1 Like

Thank you very much. That fixed my issue. I greatly appreciate the help.

1 Like

Hi my friend, I think your trigger is not the right one. The trigger is the action that will trigger the siren and the IF statement is as “precondition” to let going on the rule.

Then the trigger has to be “when the door is open” and only if your alarm is armed then trigger the siren. I hope this help. Good Luck !

1 Like