Xbox and Sharptools (via Alexa)

If you meant can not get SharpTools to find the new virtual switch, make sure you’ve authorized the new device in SharpTools. :slight_smile:

1. Open your SharpTools.io User Page
  2. Tap Manage Connections
  3. Select SmartThings
  4. Proceed through the authorization process, making sure to check the box next to the new device.

Thank you both so much I finally have it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time to try the rule and play some game now then. :rofl:

1 Like

sorry how do I get my new routine from alex to show on my sharptools when making a new routine

Sorted it now :slight_smile: I had to make a new switch again to turn off the xbox

Thank you all so much

Nice! Glad you figured it out!

I was already putting together the following diagram showing the flow before your second response, so I’m going to post it anyway in case it helps others. :smiley:

Note that you could use the Virtual Switch ‘open’ to turn on the Xbox and the Virtual Switch ‘close’ to turn off the Xbox (that way you only have to have one Virtual Switch… but you would still have to have two routines and it’s possible for the switch to get out of sync if the Xbox is controlled elsewhere.

1 Like

Is there away I can use the virtual switch to turn off the xbox, because I’ve used a virtual switch to turn and off my kitchen leds but it also turns off my xbox lol

Can you share some screenshots of the Routines or Rules that you have setup?

How is the rule/routine for the Kitchen LEDs setup? As long as you use a separate Virtual Switch for each device, it shouldn’t interact with the others.