[Abandoned] Weather Tile & Dashboard Examples

@Michael Thank you that’s awesome!

Sorry for the rudimentary question, but how do I add an image to the tile background?

@JoeT, Welcome to the community

CSS
background-image: url(https://image_location.jpg) - By default, background images are placed at the top-left corner of an element, and repeated both directions.

Other properties that might be used (optional):
background-position: value; Example - top left, center center, …
background-repeat: value; Example - no-repeat, repeat-y (vertical), repeat-x (horizontal), …

1 Like

@Michael
Edit - Never mind I found it under Location attribute.

I’m using the city attribute but I am unable to figure out how to change what zip code to use, or is there a different attribute to use?

@Michael I have attempted and failed to figure out how to make the Title of the weather bigger?

Any suggestions?

@just_jake

Add a style reference and use font-size

.--theme-style-my-style .title {font-size: 2em !important;}

Adjust the value to fit your project (e.g. 1.5, .85, 2, etc)

OMG! I was making it way to complicated. Thank you.

1 Like

@Michael, Thanks for the welcome.

So, if I’m using the Weather css in the example, do I need to define it and then a place to store that .css and upload it? I had just saved the images and then created them, tile_divider.png, etc as Media objects. The CSS that is linked to the theme, just says this background-image: url(tile_divider.png).

I guess perhaps I should be looking for the user guide/tutorial on where to store things in URLs.

It’s basically a placeholder reference - Let’s you know which image goes where.

For these examples… You would enter a web address/location to the file (image) within the paratheses.
Example: background-image:url(https://www.domain.com/image_name.png) - You cannot use a SharpTools Media item for the property’s value.

Did you successfully create a Theme, and add in the Custom CSS and Style references? If not, check out this help article.

Hi, it seems that the link to the DTH may not be valid or access is restricted. What other mean can i use to get access to it?

JF

I can’t access it either. How do we get a copy of the handler?

@Carlos_Juarez do you have any copies of the style sheets that @Michael posted on here? Looking for them to rebuild one of my weather tiles.

Nope my friend, I deleted all this stuff since Weather DTH is not working anymore…sorry.