Tile Security, Dashboard Customizations, Thermostats, and Fullscreen

Hm. I just tried the image you linked in a demo dashboard and it works fine:

The complete URL I used was:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ntx8aneecy0abb/Gryffindor%20Common%20Room.jpg?raw=1

Edit: And the first image in the dashboard is a sample from my Google Photos. For Google Photos, one approach is to share the individual image as a link and then paste the link into a tool like Embed Google Photos in your Website and Emails to get the unlisted Direct Link image URL.

Got it to work. Had a couple of things working against me. The dl vs. raw and also I have something called Pricay Badger on my desktop (which is what I am learning this on right now) and it was causing an issue. Thank you for all of your help.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you got it working.

Hey Josh, another request, wife’s approval…

Do you see any difference?

Screenshot_20180918-175328_Chrome

Screenshot_20180918-175630_Chrome

Thanks!

Several. :stuck_out_tongue: Are you referring to how the title text overflows and wraps in the first tile?

We intentionally truncate long titles as otherwise they could clutter up the rest of the tile, but @Gilbert_Tunmer has requested the option to allow title text to wrap to a new line (or an option to adjust title sizes) and it’s open for consideration!

1 Like

Is it possible to move the icon slightly south of center to allow for text wrapping?

What I’m trying to avoid is having too many pages with different buttons… ideally I want 1 for lights, 1 for cameras etc and just cant get them all on a page if I dont make the tiles slightly smaller

I’d be pretty hesitant to adjust the positioning of the icon/main content as vertical centering is a pretty core component of getting a consistent look and feel.

Mockups without title truncation

Here’s some examples of what text looks like when it wraps rather than truncates on various tile sizes:

Medium Tile Size (160px) [Default]

Small Tile Size (120px)

Tiny Tile Size (80px)

Granted, my example text is probably much longer than most long device names, but it gives you an idea of the type of overflow that needs to be taken into consideration.

As you may notice in the screenshots, the main content size (icon and 96F) is dynamically adjusted. I considered something similar for the title, but the title font is already pretty small and if it was scaled linearly, the text starts to get to be too small to read… but I might still consider scaling this some other way.

All that being said, I’m looking into options for the titles… truncation will likely remain the default and if an option is allowed to add wrapping it would be something that would need to be explicitly toggled as there are side-effects of doing it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, long titles sometimes are needed when you have multiple devices at the same location, like my living room.

I know creating groups/rooms could help, like multiples rooms in one dashboard then you don’t need the full title but I can’t see how to label/create separate groups inside one dashboard.

Thanks for the consideration.

It’s on the list. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Personally, I’m 100% happy with that!

I just updated Fully Kiosk to 1.27, but Kiosk mode doesn’t seem to work. I am using the ?kiosk=true in the startup URL. What do I need to do? If I click on Kiosk mode in the menu button, it goes into Kiosk, but doesn’t stay there

If you use ?kiosk=true in a dashboard URL, it should hide the top navigation bar and bottom-right menu button. And if your dashboard has links to other dashboards, it should stay in kiosk mode as you navigate to those. The only time it should show the top-nav and bottom-right menu button is if you go back to the list of dashboards.

Can you clarify what you mean by it goes into Kiosk, but doesn’t stay there? Like it’s hiding the top navigation and then the top navigation is coming back on its own?

I have the ?kiosk=true in the URL. But in Fully, it doesn’t go into full screen. The top bar and menu button are there.

If I click on full screen, it goes into full screen. But if I refresh the page, the top bar and menu button come back.

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to reproduce this. What type of device is this happening on? And can you PM me a sample URL you are using?

It appears the problem I was having with Fully Kiosk was because my old Nexus 9 tablet was running on Lineage OS. When I reverted to original Android, it works fine. Josh, you already knew this from our PM’s but I thought I should post it here in case someone else has the same issue.

1 Like

+1 on on the sharing feature. I would like to give this to my wife as a backup in case Homebridge fails. Great stuff though!

1 Like

@vjv Valves now take higher priority than Switches and use the valve attribute by default for determining the active/inactive state. This was deployed in the latest platform release as noted here:

@josh

Yep, it works now, thank you so much for your help and support.

1 Like

Today’s platform update includes a number of feature requests from this topic including text wrapping, several new icons, the option to disable glow, the left navigation is disabled in kiosk mode, and other awesome new features requested by the community. Thanks again for all the suggestions and your ongoing support!

Announcement: Color Control, Hyperlink and Media Tile Options, New Icons, and more

And if you are enjoying SharpTools, don’t forget to leave a recommendation on Facebook or upgrade to premium!

I want to thank you Josh, I never received so much love before! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like