Temperature calculations

Does SharpTools have the ability to calculate (compare conditions using an expression)? I am trying to recreate a WebCoRE Piston that checks the temperature inside, checks the temperature outside, and turns on an exhaust fan if the temperature inside is 1 degree higher than outside. (no sense in sucking in warmer air).
I use these Pistons in multiple locations with different temperature variations. (Barn, Greenhouse, Chicken Coop)

I think you might need to do the calculations via variables WHEN the Math With Variables feature requests i implemented. It’s pretty highly ranked, so hopefully right around the corner after the ST next-gen implementation gets completed.

Thanks @Bry

Is there a “step by step” on using the “work around” in the post by @josh in that post?

I don’t have a clue how to do this. With Josh’s help last week I was able to figure out how to use the GET and return weather data from Open Weather. This seems like it might be similar but I’m stuck.

What part are you stuck on? Can you share what you’ve tried so far?

Basically this:

No idea how to even begin…

The post you screenshotted has been updated with instructions describing the process…

1 Like

Perfect. I just needed a nudge in the right direction. I can make that work for what I need.