Select multiple devices in rule triggers and actions

Just to add use case… I really don’t want to have to make this as a rule with all of these different triggers and actions that’s 11 if_conditions with 6 actions each :sob:

As for how it would look, I think the drop down menu selection option shown earlier from webCoRE would work really well. Not sure on how things are setup but if the concern about devices with different attribute types can’t be resolved easily maybe adding another option such as “Multi Device”:

Then you can add in a different logic flow (pick device type or attribute type first before showing options available)

1 Like

As it seems we’re not being understood clearly, here’s an example of using mutiple devices grouped in a WebCoRE piston, that takes 10 minutes to do, and the same in a Sharptools rule that takes a couple of hours, gave me considerable arm ache…

1 Like

Still trying to figure out how to recreate your ‘battery & device status’ piston you discussed a while back on your channel. It’s a grape in webCoRE, but I’m struggling to grasp a method in SharpTools. I’m sure hoping that multiple device lists and setting temporary variables on the fly are in future works. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just wanted to share an update that we’re actively working on this in our development environment… :slight_smile:

In the video above, once I select a device, the list automatically filters to other devices which share the same attribute. We’re still working on refining things, but expect to release the multi-device triggers to beta first, then will continue work on multi-device commands for a later release.

8 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to this.

Multi Device Triggers and IF Conditions are now available for members of the beta group:

https://community.sharptools.io/t/beta-multi-device-triggers/10769?u=josh

4 Likes

Multi-Device Triggers, Conditions, and Actions are now available! You can find more details in the release threads below:

:twisted_rightwards_arrows: Multi-Device Triggers and Conditions - Release Thread

:arrow_forward: Multi-Device Actions - Release Thread

A special thanks to everyone who helped test these features while they were in beta! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hmmm, now where to move my vote. :smile:

Once the topic closes, you’ll get you’ll get your back automatically, so no need to ‘unvote’. (Currently set to 2 days after the last reply)

1 Like

Yes, but I still have to decide what’s next in importance to me. Decisions, decisions.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.