Reolink Cameras in Media Tiles

I was originally going after this using my Blue Iris install, but as @josh kindly replied, it requires some changes to get Blue Iris using HTTPS.

Most of our phones & computers use Chrome v111+… so the work-around of allowing Mixed Secure & Insecure Content no longer works.

Coming at this from a different angle now: Trying to Access Reolink Cameras Directly from SharpTools.

I had reached out to Reolink, asking what the URL would be to access the HTTPS Stream Directly, and they replied with a document (outlining the various URLS & Methods)

I’m not seeing any reference to HTTPS, but I’m wondering if anyone sees a way, using any of the various URLS in this Reolink Document, to get a Live Video Stream into SharpTools Media Tiles?

Worth Noting: Reolink DOES provide the ability to capture a Still Frame:

I’ve tested this out using my credentials, and it works on both HTTP and HTTPS (although I need to add a Certificate in the Reolink Interface).

(camera is the Reolink E1 Outdoor Cameras (link here)

Copying my quote from the other post:

If you’ve installed a valid SSL certificate (or one that is otherwise trusted by your devices) and the HTTPS URL works as expected, the stream should work in SharpTools as well.

1 Like

Thanks @josh !

While that example Still Frame URL works, I can’t quite figure out the syntax of the Reolink Stream that I need to use :frowning:

Are you able to figure out and/or share an example of a Reolink Stream URL ?

Here’s a post to the Blue Iris and Stunnel method - Step-By-Step Guide

1 Like

Hey John, I posted this note in your other threads as well, but sharing it here to make sure everyone is aware.

Just a note that updates regarding the issue on the bug introduced in Chromium 111 that breaks IP Camera images over HTTP are being posted in the mixed Mixed Content thread, so you may whish to follow there too. A recent discovery is that this seems to impact images from IP addresses and there is a workaround with local domain names:

:link: Google Chrome - Mixed Content - Media Not Showing - #9 by josh

1 Like