Problems and feedback

Hi,

I have been using SharpTools a while and really love it. How ever every time I make changes to one of my dashboards I see few annoying problems. I’m trying to list all of them for you to comment. It could be that I’m doing something wrong here but still…let’s go…

1. I’m adding bulbs to my dashboard. All of them are from Hue. Why is there seven (7) tiles with blue background and rest are grey?

2. Why is it possible to close this window…

by clicking outside of the window?

but…

this window

can only be closed by clicking “save” or “cancel” from the bottom of that window.

I’m asking it because it does not make sense that accidentally clicking outside of the “edit states” window all setting are gone if they are not saved yet. This is annoying.

3.Why tiles changes their places if for example tile style is edited?
(sorry about the “filtered view”…)
Here’s before:

and here’s after I added one style state more to those two green tiles.

This happens every time I made changes to my dashboards (not only this one).

1. I’m having hard time to find right spot to click when adding new state.

I first added three states without problems. Then saved tile. After that came back to add one more state and it creates a line for it but when I click “Target” to add text in it…it throws me to first line’s text field. I found out that I need to click just below T-letter in word “Target” so that I can add text to it. I guess that is something that can be easily fixed if everyone else is seeing same problem.

I would be happy if someone would comment these. Like I said some of them could be user errors… :slight_smile: …but that’s why I’m asking.

1 Like

I am also experiencing issues with #3 where if I edit a tile and click save, my dashboard rearranges it’s self. Then I have to open edit, rearrange and save again for tiles to stay in the correct positions.

If you want to PM me the dashboard ID (or just the URL to the dashboard), I’d be happy to take a closer look. My best guess is the devices are reporting slightly different capabilities and since a theme isn’t applied they’re picking up the different base colors. (Switch Level is what gives the darker purple)

All of the ‘modal windows’ can be closed by clicking outside of them. The modal windows are basically any of the pop-up windows that have a slight blur behind them.

The Tile Editor is a special kind of panel that can be dragged around the screen but is not a modal.

The one exception to the above rule about clicking outside the modal causing the window to be closed is the Theme Editor. We received feedback that a confirmation prompt was warranted here - perhaps a similar confirmation prompt is warranted for the State Mapping editor

We’ve had rare reports of this, but haven’t been able to reproduce it. If you want to share some more details about your setup (OS, Browser, etc), we would be interested in trying to reproduce it so we can identify what’s happening.

Feel free to PM @support if you’re more comfortable sharing details that way.

@Terri same applies to you of course. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback. It took me a while to figure out how to reproduce - I guess I always click in the space to the right of the ‘Target’ word and hadn’t noticed it. It looks like if you click directly on the word ‘Target’, it causes this. I’ve noted it as a bug. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @josh

1. I PMd you dashboard url.

2. Confirmation prompt is needed. If user have network/internet/sharptools hiccups and when actions take time because of that… there is big chance that user clicks mouse button again because nothing happens. Then web page suddenly responses and other button press goes outside of the modal window. Actually this happens easily when choosing style colors or icons.

Also when configuring dashboard with tablet or laptops mousepad there is a big change of accidentally pushing wrong place and at wrong time…and there they go… all of your 10 states and icon choices for that specific tile. :frowning:

1. I sent PM to support. I did some testing and results are there.

2. Oh… now I also understand how you guys are using it. Text field can be activated by pressing space after “Target” (green bigger area). But yeah… it would be nice if clickable are would be yellow in my picture. Red does not work and green areas work.

1 Like

Just an update that we’ve pushed a handful of enhancements to beta (related to this thread):

1. If the Tile Layout is explicitly changed, the tile class reports the explicit template class now.

Note that in the original example provided above, each of the things have different capabilities and thus are using different tile layouts as suspected - hence why the colors are different. (eg. one is dimmable, one is color control, one is color temperature control)

But if you manually changed the tiles to all use the same template (eg. Switch Level or Switch), the tiles were still reporting their default ‘hero’ capability as the class. This enhancement makes the tiles report the implied capability of the tile layout they are using… so the tile colors will all match if you expliclicitly change them to use the same tile layout.

1. Added a confirmation prompt if you click out of the State Mapping Editor.

1. Improved the touch zones for the labels for the ‘Target’ fields in State Mapping Editor

Regarding item 3, the PM indicated that issue was not consistently reproducible. If anyone has an example dashboard or set of steps that can be used to consistently reproduce this, please send the details to @support. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. Got it!!

2. Brilliant!!

3. Cool!!

4. I’m on it. I’m trying to create dashboard where it could be reproduced.