Motion sensor reset time

Hello all, first time SharpTools user here and I’m trying to muddle my way through a rule and I’m stuck.

What I’m trying to do is get a motion sensor to trigger a light to a certain color for 10 seconds and then turn it off. (This I have done successfully) I then want it to ignore any subsequent detection of motion for say 20 min before it will reset and trigger the light again. (That’s the part I’m having trouble with)

Is this even possible? Thank you for any guidance.

Hi @Jim_Simpson, welcome to the SharpTools community. You can do so by using a Virtual Switch and if_condition in the flow. Create a Virtual Switch and turn it on for 20 minutes when the rule is triggered, and use an if_condition to check if the VS is On to determine if the flow should change the light of the color or just ignore this rule trigger.

See the rule example below that I used the VS in the if_condition as the first activity in the flow to determine if it should continue the flow I wanted. Don’t forget to set the VS back to off in the end (20 minutes later) so it can be triggered next time.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Thank you very very much! This worked great!

1 Like