Login Issue To Friends Account

I have a Sharptools.io account. I created an account for a friend who uses Smartthings. I wanted him to try it out. So I went online from my computer, created him an account. Linked his Smartthings account. Created him a sample dashboard to try out. This all worked fine.

Now I want to make some changes to the dashboard. When I try to login to his Sharptools.io acccount, enter his email address, hit next. I get a message saying It looks like you already have a SharpTools account with another provider.

I need to maintain his system and need the ability to login to his account. Any ideas what to do here?

Hi Jim-
Have your friend use the Link Email option from their User Page to add an email and password to their account.

If they had an email account and then signed in with a Google account with the same email address (rather than linking Google), then the Google login will take priority as a security measure.

Using the Link Email, Link Google, or Link Phone options from the user page will link the various login types together allowing you to use any of them to login to the same SharpTools account.

1 Like

Problem with that, is he won’t have a clue how to do it. He is 2 hours away from me. I maintain his system remotely. So that means I will have to go up there, use his computer to get it fixed. Not good.

Jim-
I replied to your ticket via email requesting a few more details. In the meantime, I put together a short video showing how to link an email address to an existing account.

1. Have your friend navigate to their SharpTools User Page
  2. Tap the Link Email option under their name (in the User Card)
  3. Fill in an email address and click Next
  4. Fill in a password and click Save

https://imgur.com/NmygLLe

1 Like