Hubitat Checkboxes Missing from 2.2.8 Authorization

I tried adding a few devices the other night from my hubitat hub into sharptools. I used sharptools found the devices I wanted to authorize and did just that. Upon completion it removed all the other previous devices. And all my dashboards were filled with placeholders. I eventually seen what it was doing and painstakingly picked through all my devices adding them all at once as what they were and what not and reauthorized everything(some 200+). But I never got the new devices authorized as it was late and was more worried about fixing my dashboards. I assumed maybe a fluke or what not. I tried the same thing again last night and it did it again. After trying to only add 3 devices it again wiped all the others out? I painstakingly fixed it again, this time getting the newer devices added but I forgot to add back a few previous ones and am now afraid to try again. For it to only wipe everything again. …. I did update and reboot the hub before going to bed as I seen that may have been the issues tho I think it was rebooted and updated before the last time I tried adding the new devices.!?

Hi Chris - thanks for posting and sorry to hear that things aren’t working as expected.

Can you clarify if you are adding additional devices from your SharpTools User Page → Manage Connections or directly from the Hubitat hub interface?

There seems to be a Hubitat bug at the moment where the web based authorization flow doesn’t remember the checkboxes for your previously selected devices. The issue has been reported to Hubitat and they’ve indicated that they are working on resolving it. In the meantime, if you don’t see the previously selected devices checked when you go to authorize from the web, I would recommend adjusting your device selections directly on your hub.

1 Like

Yea I have been using SharpTools User Page → Manage Connections. I kinda thought there was an issue somewhere along the line and it wasn’t just me bc I’ve never had an issue like that several times over.

1 Like

Hopefully this bug fix is coming in hubitats next update!? Still having issues with this and it’s hindered me from doing anything to my dashboards for well over a month now. Tried again last night and it messed up yet again!

I’ve been testing the 2.2.9 Hubitat software release and it’s fixed in that version. Based on this comment by Bruce from Hubitat, it sounds like they expect to release 2.2.9 soon.

1 Like

Good deal … hopefully within the next few days then … thanks

It looks like 2.2.9 has been released:

1 Like