Irrigation Controller Question

Works perfectly with Second Rule disabled!

I have the logs for the Switch and the Controller, plus the history file from the App if you’re curious to see them.

Next, I put the 10-second delay in front of IF in the Second Rule. Something really strange happens: Turn Switch ON - and it turns itself OFF in … you guessed it … 10 seconds.

However, I’m as happy as a pig in mud with just using the First Rule. I’ll be the only one using the system.

BUT - to add perfection to the situation - is there any way to have the state of the Rachio Controller interrogated when the dashboard loads, and then set the Switch accordingly?

I didn’t think so…

Can you post a screenshot of your second rule?

Edit: I just realized you had already posted a screenshot further above in the thread and I think I see the issue. It looks like the on value in the comparison was entered with " characters. If you remove the double quote characters, I think it should work.

1 Like

Thanks! I used double-quotes because I thought I saw them in your examples.

Removed the quotes and operation from the dashboard was correct with delay at 10 seconds. Changed it to 5 seconds and operation reverted to that described earlier.

After a few seconds, the Rachio App mimics the Switch Position as its state is changed on the dashboard. However, when making the change from the App, the dashboard Switch doesn’t change. So I think I might as well use it without the Second Rule. I am very happy with it that way!

Josh - the level and quality of support on SharpTools far exceeds that of any other site in my experience. Your patience and detailed instructions are invaluable - especially for a know-nothing like me.

And the product itself is shaping up to be a real winner. Super-attractive, and many nice features.

Thanks!

2 Likes