Hubitat integration

Hi guys, i’ve created a SharpTools account, linked my hub and then SharpTools tells me it’s syncing devices and I can keep browsing, that was half an hour ago.

Nothing is showing in SharpTools, I can’t find any devices and I can’t see a way to check the sync status.

I can see in my hubitat logs that SharpTools is pulling device data but how long does it take to sync up so I can build a dashboard?

When I go to my account in SharpTools account it says no location authorized.

It usually takes 30 seconds or less for a small list of devices and maybe a few minutes for a large list.

The first thing you might try doing is rebooting the Hubitat hub, wait several minutes for things to calm down, then try reauthorizing things again starting from your SharpTools.io User Page

OK, my logs on hubitat went crazy with SharpTool requests and then the Hubitat crashed…

Time to unlink!

So I think the problem was that I signed into your site with my google account, I unlinked sharptools from hubitat after the reboot, linked my email in SharpTools, reinstalled the SharpTools app on hubitat and readded it to SharpTools and sync went straight through.

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter if you sign-in to SharpTools with a Google account or email account. (The main things that matters is making sure to use the right Hubitat credentials when authorizing Hubitat.)

In this particular case, it sounds like the hub was just having some issues. A reboot of the Hubitat hub is a common and effective troubleshooting tool though!

So i’m away and running with Sharptools dashboard and it looks great loaded in Kiosk mode on a fire tablet in the living room.

One thing I can#t seem to find is how to change the text colour on the tiles as it’s defaulted to white but that’s too light to show against the design we’ve gone for, is this changeable?

Not at the moment, but it’s on our hitlist to revisit along with an improved Theme / Style system.

In the meantime, if you are viewing the dashboards on an Android/Fire tablet running Fully Kiosk Browser, you could use the trick in the following thread to inject custom CSS:

I think it would end up being something like:

let css = document.createElement('style');
css.type = 'text/css';
css.appendChild(document.createTextNode(".tile{color:black}"));
document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(css);

The main part you would adjust is the third line which inserts the style. It’s basically saying to set the default (text / icon) color for the tile to black. You could use any browser compatible color including hex / rgb formats here.

Alternatively, if you wanted to target just the icons within the tile, you could change the third line to something like:

css.appendChild(document.createTextNode(".tile .icon{color:black}"));