How to trigger refresh of media tile

This DTH was really ‘trickery’ around how SmartTools will real time update images. That requires the use of the capability "Music Player" which includes all the other controls, but have no logic behind them. If you can describe your use case, there could be some ways to solve, but normally that would be done with the physical device DTH and not a virtual DTH.

My use case is likely a little atypical so I wouldn’t want to head too far down a rabbit hole. My issue is that my audio setup is not using Hubitat physical devices. Currently all of my whole house audio is managed through my homeseer system. I am using Nuvo Essentia equipment through RS-232 control. And all source inputs are controlled through RS-232 or IP.

In this case, I don’t know that there is much need to convert this over to Hubitat as there are no native controls so I have taken the approach of setting up virtual controls in Hubitat that mirror the functionality and using that to bring into Sharptools.

So I take advantage of a lot of the virtual devices to get my work done. The complicated way is to create a virtual switch for each function - play, stop, etc. and trigger rules/events based on this. The more graceful way is to use more complex devices that provide multiple functions at once.

In my particular implementation I have 6 channels throughout the house and have functionality to display cover art (which is working nicely thanks to your device) - then of course transport controls - play, stop, etc. Then the ability to select from presets, playlists, etc. Since these same six channels are in all rooms, the controls remain the same throughout the house. The only thing that varies by room is the local volume, selection of the channel, etc.

So my goal is to combine all channel specific functionality in one device. I have created a separate device for each channel. And that is when I started noticing the other default buttons and thinking I could use those as well. All I need to do is expose them in Sharptools - that part I am still learning how to do.