How to have correct Hubitat Tile status displayed

New to SharpTools to use with Hubitat. Is there any way to have the tiles display the correct status? Certainly if I only turn lights on and off within Sharptools the status is correct, but I have many lights that are controlled by rules on Hubitat. My intent with Sharptools is to remotely control and run rules on an iPad.

@Greg_Cole what kind of lights do you have connected with Hubitat and is their status correct in the Hubitat Admin UI?

Note that older Z-Wave switches will require that the Z-Wave Polling app is installed with Hubitat (and polling enabled on those devices) in order for Hubitat to know the device status.

So far it has been Hue lights only

Can you check the devices’ subscription status in User page → click on “…” next to your hub under Authorized Locations → then click on each light. You should see something like the screenshot below.

You can see this shows the attribute as active and in this case says it is on, but it is not on

Interesting. Can you take screenshots of the Hubitat logs in your hub’s admin page when you change the the same light status from SharpTools and Hubitat rule, and send them to support@sharptools.io? So I can look into the details. Meanwhile, is it always out of sync if you change the light’s status from Hubitat rule or only occasionally?

Will send later this week when I’m back local with my HE. Just started playing around so I don’t have any experience if it is random.

As mentioned by @josh, please also verify if it shows correct state in your local Hubitat device page first.

Been having same issue. HE device page is correct but sharptools is not. Happens on switches, sengled bulbs, modes. Just about everything at 1 time or another. Getting to the point that I can’t trust the display.

@Jim_White, sorry to hear that you have experienced the same issue. :frowning:
Can you please take a screenshot of the HE device page, and open a ticket by sending the screenshot to support@sharptools.io when you notice the issue again? I’d be very interested to investigate into this. Thank you.

Back home now. The issue is on the HE side. Looks like the polling update for the Hue hub is not working correctly. If you go into the Hue hub device and do a manual refresh then all the Hue lights reflect correctly in both HE and SharpTools.

For others following, I’ll update once HE fix is determined.

2 Likes

I’m still having an issue with a virtual switch display. The switch is set up in HE to turn off after 1 sec. I use it to open a garage door. For some reason my Sharptools dashboard doesn’t always pick up the off. So it shows it on when it is actually off. The real problem there is I can’t use it on the dashboard to turn it on as it seems to think it is already on and won’t send the on command. So I either have to trigger it from HE directly or open the Sharptools app on HE and hit done to get it to refresh.

Is there some way to do a manual refresh? Or even if it shows on have it send the on command anyway?

Hi @Jim_White, why do you need the virtual switch to control the garage door, instead of adding the garage door control as its own tile directly? And do you only need to open the garage door, but not close the garage door?

I have 2 switches, one open and one close. The reason I do that is I have some interlocks that prevent the door from going one way or the other if certain conditions are not met. For example I don’t allow the door to open unless the mode is home. There are others, but that is the idea. I use a relay to control the door, it’s not a regular garage door control.

This is not a major issue, I have other work arounds. Just can’t figure out why the switch status is not updating correctly. Thought it might be related to the timing of the switch turning itself back off. Didn’t know if it happens to quickly or something.

Can you please send your device name/id to support@sharptools.io? I’d like to investigate further on this. Thank you.

It’s been a little while but an update. What I have discovered is the status of lighting groups in Hubitat don’t update a status if the underlying bulbs are turned on/off in rules. If the rule controls the lighting group then the status reflects correctly in SharpTools. This is true for Hue and any other group of lights. Once I modified my rules in Hubitat to control the group and not the bulbs, everything stays in sync.

2 Likes