Home Assistant Connection

Is there any chance that connection or option for a connection can be set-up with a Home Assistant that has been set-up for remote access?

Home Assistant does use a Rest API and web sockets.

There would probably be a number of manual steps on Home Assistant that would have to take place such as creating a SharpTools user, getting long lived access token, setting the domain name that connects to the local instance etc. but most people using Home Assistant are accustom to having to work at it get results.

Anyhow. Thoughts?

Welcome to the community and thanks for the feedback!

What drew you to SharpTools over one of the already available dashboard solutions in the Home Assistant community? (eg. Lovelace, HADashboard, Tile Board)

Thanks!

I’d say more familiarity. I was using SmartThings primarily but have since begun migrating to Home Assistant due to being able to use it locally if there was ever an internet outage. That being said, I’ve become used to SharpTools and like it better than the other options. It runs nicely using fullykiosk on my amazon tablets as well. Also, the ease of configuration (ironic considering HA) is a big plus for me.

2 Likes

I’ve just started trying out sharp tools as a nice way to make dashboards Quickly and easily. I use Home Assistant and Hubitat. I connect Hubitat to Home Assistant with MQTT. This lets Sharp Tools see everything. ( at least so far ) maybe that will help! Good luck!

4 Likes

So you can essentially make a sharptools dashboard for home assistant through mqtt?

That’s literally exactly what I’m doing :slight_smile:
Via the Hubitat connection.
I don’t know If it’s better than Lovelace yet, but it’s definitely easier.

2 Likes

How difficult was it to do? Any helpful links? I’ve set up how assistant but it’s beyond my skills for most things.

Just an update that I’ve moved this post into our new Feature Requests category so it’s easier for people to show their interest by voting.

If you’re still interested in this integration, be sure to scroll up and cast your vote on the first post.

1 Like

I thought there would be a lot of voting on this as pretty much everything works in Home Assistant just the Lovelace theming is horrible to work with so it would be great to use all the integration of home assistant and Sharptools Dashboards plus rules engine.

2 Likes

Is there any news on this? Is it in the pipeline or will it not be integrated?

I have recently migrated over to Home Assistant after the shambles that is SmartThings. HA is amazing but is let down by it’s clunky dashboard in my opinion. After using SharpTools I find the HA dashboard to be overly complicated and difficult to customise, so seeing integration for HA on SharpTools would be amazing (and a huge relief, as I could have a good looking dashboard again!).

1 Like

Following this, I would love to have SHarptools with HA, I believe a lot of user like me who are not developers but get by making it work would use Sharptools

1 Like

Make sure to scroll up to the top of the thread and cast your vote!

No news at the moment. We’ve been knocking out other highly requested features and are keeping an eye on this thread to see if the level of interest increases.

I appreciate the feedback on the specific challenges you are seeing with HA dashboards and the clarification on the value that SharpTools would bring. :slight_smile:

1 Like