Google Speaker Group

Is it possible to create a speaker group (of google speakers), so notifications, text, etc. can be played across multiple speakers at the same time? I can individually select speakers and play things now, but invariably, the speakers start the message/file at slightly different times (so it sounds very bizarre around the house).

Based on your other post, it sounds like you’re using cast-web-api with SmartThings, right?

I only briefly played with cast-web-api to improve compatibility with our Album Art Tile, so I’m not super familiar with it, but a quick search seems to indicate some level of support for speaker groups / audio groups.

Do you have your speakers grouped in Google Home? And do those show up as potential devices when you do the discovery in cast-web-api? If I remember correctly, the speaker groups showed up for me with Hubitat’s Google speaker integration and I thought it did the same in cast-web-api as well.

“Do you have your speakers grouped in Google Home?” Yes.

“And do those show up as potential devices when you do the discovery in cast-web-api?” Yes, it shows up in caset-web-api as a new device and Smartthings app, but I am not seeing it as a device in Sharptools.

Have you tried authorizing them to SharpTools?

Moronically, I had forgotten to authorize. As soon as I did, it worked as you predicted! Sorry abou that.

acs

1 Like