Feature Requests: Theme, Icons, Up-Down Tile

updating icon requests to add a couple more…

man, woman, boy, girl, dog, fish
sliding door/window
fence gate
sprinkler/irrigation
siren/police light
appliances: oven, refrigerator, laundry washer/dryer

This site has a lot of good icons and they take requests:

2 Likes

Are icons licences bought as a package or are they custom for Sharptools?
If custom what are the specs? I could make some.

We license the majority of the icons, but we’ve custom made a number of icons based on user requests that couldn’t be sourced otherwise.

We source most of our icons from Font Awesome, so we try to follow their ‘solid’ style and approach. All of the icons are SVG and we attempt to target a minimal size for the web - this also naturally lends to following the FA style which is a bit more minimal in nature, has gentle curvature, and isn’t loaded with tons of paths (eg. overly complex polys/shapes)

1 Like

Josh, could I get 1 .svg file that Font Awesome create? I would like to explore it in Adobe illustrator to take a look at it. I assume they create the icon and you add it to the tile?

Font Awesome has a huge chunk of their library available for free (most of the ‘Solid’ icons).

Their online icon library has some really neat features - for example, you can hover your mouse over the main icon to get an idea of what paths are used in the icon.

You can also find a download button on the icon’s page:

Good evening!

I will be adding all my pool equipment this weekend, and I noticed there were not pool icons. I looked in Font Awesome and there were none there, and I found some icon packs, but they required licensing fees and didn’t exactly match the solid style you’re trying to stick with. So, being an artist myself, I went ahead and made a set. I knew I’d need a light, a vacuum, filter, pump, swimming, pool… Hopefully that wasn’t too presumptuous of me, and I’d love to see them included if you’re OK with them. I made them all with a screenshot of your icons for reference, and tried to keep them scaled similarly, etc., and I made each one its own .svg file (with blue box for preview purposes, that you can remove if you choose to use them.

Here’s a preview:

I don’t know how to get them to you, but Here’s a Google Drive link to them if that will work?

Since I made these, no licensing required. Consider them open source.

Thanks for your hard work!

3 Likes

These look great! Really nice work.

I’ll take a closer look when I get back to a PC and see what it would take to get them included. :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesomeness. :+1:
Can’t wait to have everything migrated over and really pretty up my dashes.

3 Likes

I just realized I never updated this thread that we included Ricky’s icons in the July 29th SharpTools.io update.

They look amazing - thanks again!

Any update on a default and active icons?

Hi can I have Flow to Execute the following activities: “Camera Full Screen for x seconds”?

It’s on the hit list. Nothing to announce at the moment. :slight_smile:

What kind of device are you viewing your dashboards on? If you’re using Fully Kiosk Browser, there are integrations for both SmartThings and Hubitat. You could then use the Fully Kiosk Browser ‘thing’ in your rules to navigate to different dashboards.

So you could create a dashboard that shows your camera ‘fullscreen’ by making it take up most of the dashboard space… then have a rule that switches you back and forth from that dashboard based on whatever events you desire.

Here’s a thread showing the concept of using a dashboard to display media ‘fullscreen’. In this particular example, they also wanted some controls near the video feed for controlling their flood lights. Same concept could apply to a door lock or other devices that you might want to control while viewing the feed:

More Details:
Request: Tapping Media Tile as a Trigger - #2 by josh

The latest beta includes this functionality. Please try it out and provide feedback in the linked thread (about the beta program):

https://community.sharptools.io/t/instant-switches-and-spacer-improvements/1932?u=josh

When you tap on the color picker, it will toggle the light on/off by default. And you now have a tile setting of choosing what happens when you tap on the tile - open the color picker/dimmer or toggle the light. We’ve also added a new long-press action that brings up the color picker/dimmer.

A post was split to a new topic: Request: Change Tile Color Based on Reported Temperature

Can you please add Pandora!

3 Likes

Sure thing. We added a Pandora icon with the addition of the Album Art Tile, but I guess we didn’t expose it in the Icon Picker. I’ve noted the request.

The Pandora music icon is included in the latest release: :smiley:

Instant Switches! (and Spacer Improvements)

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Feature Request: Embed iFrame

The latest SharpTools.io beta includes support for choosing icons and colors for each device state (for a number of device types). If you are already part of our beta program, you can find details on the new feature in the following post in the private Beta Testers category:

https://community.sharptools.io/t/custom-icons-and-colors-based-on-states/2843?u=josh

And if you would like to join the beta program, you can find more details on how to do so in the Beta Testers Requested! thread. :smiley:

1 Like

The vast majority of the feature requests in this topic have been implemented in various releases. Thank you so much for all the feature requests and example use cases!

If you have further feature request, please be sure to add each request to it’s own topic in the Feature Requests category.