Dashboard Thing Status

I’m attempting to setup a simple dashboard with a couple things from my Smartthings Home Hub. I can successfully create a dashboard and execute turning on and off a simple light switch. But the icons won’t update the status unless I close down the webpage and reload them. I also notice that when I view my profile on the sharptools.io website it says " * No locations authorized." even thought I’ve repeatedly authorized the hub to create the dashboard. What am I doing wrong?!

Hm. Something definitely doesn’t seem to be working as expected.

What kind of device(s) have you tried this on?

Android Phone, Desktop PC, and a older Iphone model. All exhibit the same results.

It looks like there are multiple SharpTools.io accounts tied to the same location. I’m away from my computer but can look at the accounts more closely when I get back. Did you want to have two separate accounts or did you want to link/merge the logins?

So I just reauthorized my hub again on the ST profile page. It returns with the success message and if I go back to the profile page it shows my hub as authorized…but if I refresh the same page that shows it as authorized, it reloads and states no locations authorized?!

Just one account is all I need. Thanks.

Just wanted to post an update to this thread that Mark and I did some more troubleshooting via private message and resolved the issue! :+1:

…after a lot of back and forth checking various details, we finally did a complete uninstall of the SharpTools SmartApp and then reauthorized things in SharpTools.io which got things working again.

You can find more details on how to remove the SmartApp from SmartThings (and the effects of doing so) here:

And as always, please feel free to reach out to support@sharptools.io or post here in the community if you need help with anything!

1 Like