[Abandoned] Weather Tile & Dashboard Examples

Beggars can’t choose much, but I just tried out the new version and am getting a “-” for everything I’ve checked beyond day 3 - day4short, day4long, day6short, etc. Could it be due to the zip code I’m using?

Actually, there might be an error with Day 4.

@N_J_H
What type of error are you referring to?
Is it only for that day (short, long, icon, etc)?
Are you creating a new device or updating a previous version?

Thanks for following up. I’m updating a previous version, and have reauthorized access to ST. I’ve also tried with a fresh tile.

I can get day5short, but not day4short, day6short, and just about anything else day4 and beyond.

To add - I see it in my IDE, just not on the sharptools dash. That probably helps narrow it down a bit.

Fixed. I had to de-authorize the weather widget, then re-authorize. :+1:

1)I am glad to hear it’s working.
2)De-authorize how/what do you mean?
Thanks

Sharptools Account - manage connections - smartthings - home hub - uncheck weather widget - authorize.

Then go back through, check weather widget and authorize again.

Michael, thanks so much for developing this DTH. The time and effort to include the examples and the CSS is much appreciated.

My weather page is in great need for improvement, and this is just what I need.

I’m just starting to play with it. I must have messed up somewhere because the days are mostly incorrect. The screenshot is from today (Sunday) and you will clearly be able to see the situation. The label is the chosen attribute.

Do you have an idea of where I went wrong? If not, I’ll start over again from scratch.

@Stan_Silverman, Is this a new install or update?

If it’s an update:

Be sure to complete each step (after pasting in the code and saving)…

1)Goto/click My Devices and click on the device/name you previously installed - scroll to the bottom and click Edit > Update.

2)VERY IMPORTANT - Be sure to Update the device in the SharpTools App (SmartThings) - Simply click through (next/done) or Re-‘Authorize’ under Manage connections in Account (SharpTools) Settings.

Note: You may need to remove/de-authorize (uncheck) the device and then re-add/authorize it again.

If that doesn’t work for you… Check the device states in the IDE - Are they correct (day2 = Tuesday, etc)?

1 Like

It’s a new install. I have an older DTH of yours with another name - but that might be the problem. The older device Type is "SmartWeather Station Tile. The device Type of the new DTH is “Weather Forecast”. That may be another screwup of mine.

The data looks OK: Here’s a snip:

I’ll play with treating it as an update to the older DTH. My gut tells me that may work.

(My gut is often wrong…)

Stan,
The 2 different device types (names) are OK. The problem seems to be with SharpTools.

1)Try removing the device (what ever you called it) from SharpTools in the SmartThings app or under Manage connections in Account (SharpTools) Settings (be sure to save/authorize). Then go back and re-add/authorize it again.

2)Did you by chance, edit any of the code - specifically the weather icons?

1 Like

All is well. I decided to wipe the slate clean and start over. I really don’t know what I did differently this time. Sorry for the false alarm - and thanks for the help!

I hadn’t messed with code or icons.

1 Like

No problem - I’m happy to hear it’s working for you!

1 Like

I’ll just add my formal thanks here. A good weather tile group has been an important addition to get that WAF (wife approval factor) up higher. That, and cat gifs. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This is the first pass at my new weather page. I borrowed liberally from your examples!

Still looking for a better background image. Probably some other tweaks too.

3 Likes

Awesome - I like your color choices. Thanks for sharing!
Borrow’ away!

2 Likes

I have a question, may or may not be related to your particular handler and maybe more my limited understanding of coding and CSS, etc. but is there any way to increase the font size of the lower data in the main frame? (windspeed, humidity, precip %, etc.)

I tried a couple of approaches, neither of which were successful.

You can edit the content size a couple of ways…

• Edit the tile directly: Main Content Size (1x-6x)
  • CSS: .–theme-style-stylename .main-content {font-size: 125% !important;}

Note:
1)The CSS size of 2.5x (125%) is based on the default content size of 2x.
2)Depending on the content and tile size… you may need to change the Text Overflow to Wrap

2 Likes

Hmm. Mine seems to be a bit different since they’re not the main content. I previously managed to change the main content (circled in green below) using the method you described, but it leaves the bottom data (boxed in red) unchanged. Changing the footer font size likewise doesn’t change the size of this data either.

This is set as a weather tile using ex1 from your initial post.