Blue Iris Video Not Showing on Media Tile

I am trying to set up a media tile that shows a live stream of my front door camera via Blue Iris, but I can’t get the camera to display in the tile – I just get a black tile (see attached image).

I can view the camera just fine when I use the URL directly in a chrome browser (see attached image), but when I use same URL in the media tile it does not work.

https://10.0.4.2:8080/mjpg/FrontDoor/video.mjpg

I am using stunnel in Blue Iris for secure connections and that appears to be working correctly as I can securely access BI from all my other devices both inside and outside the LAN.

Seems like I am missing something simple, but I am pulling my hair out trying to troubleshoot this one.

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hey @Mark_Williams - welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Based on the second screenshot, it looks like stunnel is using an invalid certificate (eg. locally generated). This is likely causing your browser to block the request for the embedded image since the cert is invalid. This is different from attempting to access the image directly in your browser wherein you can manually accept the invalid cert.

The simplest approach is likely to disable mixed content blocking for SharpTools.io in Chrome using the steps noted in the following article:

For reference, stunnel is most commonly used for secure external access to Blue Iris. As such, it’s more commonly used with a DNS entry that points to your stunnel (Blue Iris) instances external IP Address which can then have a valid SSL cert issued.

1 Like