Blue Iris in SharpTools

Trying to enable a Media Tile for an external IP Cam on Blue Iris

All of my Blue Iris settings are correct as I can paste the following URL into Chrome or Edge and go directly to the Video Stream: http:/000.000.000.000:00/mjpg/MainGate?user=XXXX&pw=XXXX

However, when I use the same URL in the Media Tile, it does not render the video thumbnail and pops up the message about mixed content.

I went ahead and allowed mixed content for the IP address, but still, SharpTools is not rendering.

It would seem to me that if in Chrome & Edge I’m able to access the Stream, that it would work in SharpTools as well. Any pointers?

Check out the note about Chromium 111 in the following thread as it may apply to your situation:

:link: Google Chrome - Mixed Content - Media Not Showing

1 Like

Hi @josh

Thanks for the reply!

I had referenced that link previously and thought the work-around was the answer.

However, upon reading it again, I now see that rather obvious stop sign at the top, outlining the underlying problem in my case :slight_smile:

Sure enough, I can see the Thumbnail Preview in Firefox v111.0.1 (64-bit), but NOT in Chrome v111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Any chance SharpTools is working on resolving this from another angle?

You could use a valid SSL certificate with your Blue Iris install. It tends to a be a bit more complex than most people want to tackle (at least at first) which is why the approach of overriding the Chrome setting was popular.

1 Like

@josh I can see why!!!

I’m so close to getting the Media Tile working, but Stunnel has me Stumped :slight_smile:

By-way-of-background, I’ve used Blue Iris for many years and generally know my way around.

I’ve set up a new install on a Windows 10 Computer, including all of the Port Forwarding for the Web Server and the individual cameras. I’ve installed Stunnel and can access the individual cams in a Web Browser via HTTPS URL with username & password embedded.

However, I’m prompted with the “Your Connection isn’t private; NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID”. I can click Advanced; Continue and see the Video Stream.

I’ve searched & read so many different articles/how-to’s about Blue Iris and Stunnel that I’m getting lost in the weeds!

My goal is to have a Media Tile that is accessible from Chrome v111+ and other browsers from outside the Home Network.

Does anyone have a link to a clear step-by-step to get Stunnel setup with the proper certificate?

Hey John, I posted this note in the Reolink threads as well, but sharing it here to make sure everyone is aware.

Just a note that updates regarding the issue on the bug introduced in Chromium 111 that breaks IP Camera images over HTTP are being posted in the mixed Mixed Content thread, so you may whish to follow there too. A recent discovery is that this seems to impact images from IP addresses and there is a workaround with local domain names:

:link: Google Chrome - Mixed Content - Media Not Showing - #9 by josh

1 Like