Adjust size of Spacer tiles smaller than 1x

I would also like to see adjustable spacing between tiles. It helps to keep categories separated. The current spacers are too wide/deep for this request.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Michael_Hall. I’ve split this out to its own topic as we like to keep topics in the special Feature Requests category focused on a single request.

Have you tried the Tile Space (Gutter) setting that shows up in the Dashboard Settings if you flip the ‘Advanced’ toggle in the top-right corner on?

https://imgur.com/cmvnysb

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have seen that option, but it affects all tiles. I want to adjust the height and width of individual spacers and tiles. The smallest option is 1 wide x 1 high. I’m trying to separate groups of tiles between categories. For example I need to separate lights from motion sensors etc… on a single dashboard. Half height and half width tiles and spacers would be okay. The lowest default of (1) is
to high for what I need.

Thanks for the feedback. The most common approach is to use a smaller base Tile Size in the Dashboard Settings and then manually double the dimensions of each of the ‘normal’ tiles to get those back to a normal size.

For example, if you were using the default Tile Size of Medium (160px), you might change to Tiny (80px) to get half sized tiles. Then manually increase the dimensions of each of your ‘normal’ tiles accordingly.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

Thank you,

Michael Hall

| josh
September 21 |

• | - |

Thanks for the feedback. The most common approach is to use a smaller base Tile Size in the Dashboard Settings and then manually double the dimensions of each of the ‘normal’ tiles to get those back to a normal size.

For example, if you were using the default Tile Size of Medium (160px), you might change to Tiny (80px) to get half sized tiles. Then manually increase the dimensions of each of your ‘normal’ tiles accordingly.

Josh, I understand and have used the method you suggest above, however if you are working on an existing dashboard you have to resize almost every tile (to enlarge them to the size you want) and restructure the entire board after setting tile size to the smaller number. I seem to recall I got a warning setting the size below a certain pixel size could cause problems also. Bottom line: it was a few hours work and I still didn’t get some tiles as small as I would have liked. It would have been easier, more logical and more versatile to be able to set individual tiles to a percentage of 1X. I do realize that this may not be practical for many reasons including a lot of work for a change that few users would see as an improvement but I had been thinking about this and couldn’t pass up a chance to comment. I would use the feature if it were available.

3 Likes